- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/2 pounds summer squash (zucchini works well too), cut into julienned strips
- 1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup ricotta salata, shaved or cut into thin batons
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Vienneau and Third Thursday Potluck
- Heat a large pot or saucepan over medium heat and add olive oil. Add squash and sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in cherry tomatoes and mint. Cook for another couple of minutes and remove from heat.
- Bring lightly salted water to a rolling boil in a large pan. Add fettuccine and cook according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Toss pasta into the pot with the vegetables. Add salt, black pepper and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Add reserved pasta cooking liquid, tossing and folding, so that the squash strips become entwined with the pasta ribbons. Sprinkle in the ricotta salata as you fold.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: