- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- Fresh raspberries
Recipe by Glenda Barber, St. James, Mo.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease a 9x 5-inch loaf pan or a 6-cup soufflé dish.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Separate eggs yolks and whites. Add yolks to butter mixture and beat well. Add lemon juice, salt and flour; beat well. Add milk; stir until well blended.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gently fold into lemon mixture. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes, covering with foil for the last 10 minutes if the top gets too brown. Serve warm or chilled with berries. Serves 6.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: